A recent survey conducted by the American Society of Landscape Architects revealed that outdoor entertainment will remain in high demand for 2014, with 60.7% of respondents placing outdoor speaker systems as one of their most desirable features, and 49.4% citing outdoor televisions and/or projection screens as a priority. According to ASLA:
Landscape architects who specialize in residential design across the country were asked to rate the expected popularity of a variety of residential outdoor design elements in 2014. The category of gardens and landscaped spaces received a 94.2 percent rating as somewhat or very popular. Outdoor living spaces, defined as kitchens and entertainment spaces, were second most popular at 92.0 percent. Outdoor recreation came in third at 75.8 percent.
CDA can provide a wide array of options for rock or planter speakers. If you're looking for a rock style speaker, consider the ROCK-on Granite-52 speakers from Earthquake Sound:
ROCK-on outdoor speakers are the ideal choice for listening to music in the garden, by the pool, in the yard, or on the patio.
- Artistically Crafted Cabinet With Shaped MicroPerf� Aluminum Grilles Look Natural And Realistic
- 6.5" Dual Voice Coil Injection-molded TCC (talc, Carbon, And Ceramic) Filled Polypropylene Woofer With Butyl Rubber Surround
- Dual 1" Fluid-cooled Tri-laminate Teteron Tweeters Mounted At A Custom Angle For Optimum Dispersion
- Separate Left And Right Channel Inputs Provide Stereo Sound In A Single Loudspeaker
- Weatherproof Design Ensures Performance Outdoors
- Designed To Accommodate Live Plants
- Dual 3-foot Burial-rated Connection Cables With Waterproof Wire-nuts To Insure Trouble Free Connection
- Can Be Wired In One-speaker Stereo-input Mode Or Two-speaker Stereo Mode
Also available from CDA is the SonArray SR1 system from Sonance: